Fear the Walking Dead Final Episodes Wishlist

 


With only six episodes left to go, I wanted to compile a list of some of the things I am hoping to see happen as the first Walking Dead spin-off comes to a close. I'll be completely honest, I am not sure how much faith I have that most of these things will happen based on the season so far, but I am optimistic. So without further ado, let's get into it!

Answers for Sarah, Charlie, and the Supporting Cast


I got very concerned as the names of the series regulars started to scroll by on the season 8 premiere. I felt this way because Mo Collins and Alexa Nisenson were noticeably absent despite holding that status for multiple seasons. We have had a mention of Charlie, but not of characters like Sarah, Wendell, Jacob, and Josiah. I honestly doubt we will see any of them, but I would like to know that they are alive and well. At most, I hope we can see a final flashback between Daniel and Charlie, since last we saw her she was very ill. 

Justification for Madison's Return


Madison was brought back from the *seemingly* dead during the events of 7x16. However, I feel we have yet to see a real reason for her return. Fans clamored for years to see her return, and they finally gave that to them, but I feel she has had incredibly little to do so far. The midseason finale made it seem like the second half of the season would be all about her, so maybe she will actually do something moving forward. I am incredibly excited to see her reunion with Victor Strand since he sat out the first half of the season.

Luciana Finally Does Something of Substance


Luciana is one of the show's longest running characters at this point. I have felt she has been incredibly disrespected since season 3. The show feels like it has never known how to tell her story after her introductory season. She either leaves, sits out massive chunks of time, gets injured and lays around, or something of that nature. Danay Garcia is an amazing actress, and I want to see this character succeed. To be completely honest, I often forget she is still on the show, and when I do remember, I think the writers forgot she is still on the show. With only six episodes left, let's give her a real chance to shine, especially since she was absent for the first half of the season.

Happiness for Dwight and Sherry


Dwight and Sherry were first introduced in season 6 episode 6 of "The Walking Dead" and their journey has never been easy since. These are two of the most traumatized characters in the franchise. We got to meet their son, Finch, in the first half of season 8, but they buried him in the midseason finale. This was a grizzly fate and it let to some incredibly depressing scenes between the duo. Trailers for the second half make it seem as if these two will return to The Sanctuary, which served as the catalyst for a lot of their trauma. 

More Crossover to The Walking Dead


Fear has featured a lot of crossover to the main show in recent years. Morgan, Dwight and Sherry all became main characters, while Rick, Carol, Jesus, Jenny, and Duane all cameoed. Many of us had speculated that Fear would end with the survivors of this show arriving at the Alexandria Safe Zone. Morgan even said that is where he was heading in the midseason finale. However, it was revealed that was Morgan's last episode. So with Morgan and Mo's journey being offscreen, how likely is that crossover? Well more-so than you may think. In the last entry, I mentioned that trailers showed Dwight and Sherry at the Sanctuary. It only makes sense that they would seek out the other communities to see if they are still standing since they already traveled all that way. The main characters that Dwight and Sherry have connections to are Negan and Daryl. Could we maybe see them confront Negan before the events of Dead City take place? Could they maybe reunite with Daryl before he rides off on the bike during the events of the TWD series finale? Could we see Dwight reunite with Eugene if they stumble across the Commonwealth? There are plenty of possibilities. 

Endings and Setup for the Characters' Future


If there is one thing Fear has excelled at, it's creating phenomenal characters. I absolutely adore these characters and I want each and every one of them to get a good ending that they deserve. I would also like to see the survivors of the show go on to continue in the larger TWD universe. We have reached a point that we are dealing with a connected universe. I can already see a future where characters like June, Eugene, and Hope Bennett from World Beyond team up to examine the possibility of a cure. I just want each of them to have a satisfying conclusion, and if they survive, I don't want their stories to end here. 

Alicia Clark's Return


Alicia was my favorite character for the show's first six seasons. However, I absolutely hated how the character was handled during season 7. It seemed the show had left her fate up in the air during her departure episode, 7x15 "Amina". Lately the showrunners have been going around saying that she woke up completely healed from her injuries and "set off into her new future alone". With this new development, alongside her prosthetic arm appearing at the end of the midseason finale, I believe they could be teasing a cameo in the series finale. It could be similar to the way we saw Rick and Michonne in the series finale of TWD. Jeffrey Dean Morgan has also expressed interest in having her show up in Dead City. I think there is definitely a place for Alicia Clark in the TWDU moving forward. Alicia's return is the thing I most want to see in the TWDU now, especially due to how poorly her character was handled in the later seasons of Fear. 

What do you hope to see happen in the final episodes of Fear the Walking Dead? Let me know!
















Comments